Swan Surveyors Ltd t/a Stephens McBride respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This statement explains how we look after your personal data and tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how we collect and processes your personal data through your use of this website.
It is important that you read this privacy notice so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data.
Swan Surveyors Ltd t/a Stephens McBride (collectively referred to as Stephens McBride, "we", "us" or "our" in this privacy notice) is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data.
The information we collect
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. When we collect this information we are open about how we will use it.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
• Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
• Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Financial Data includes bank account details.
• Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you
We collect information
· Via our website when you fill in the contact form
· From meetings with staff or business contacts
· That you provide to us in connection with the services we provide e.g. in connection to a tenancy agreement.
· That we use to validate your identity, such as a passport or proof of residency
The Legal basis for processing your information
We rely upon a number of legal bases for processing personal information. These include processing personal information where we have a legitimate business to do so, where it is necessary in order to fulfil a contact or where the processing is necessary to carry out our obligations under employment law.
Where we rely upon our legitimate interests, this means we use personal information in order to run our business and provide the services we have been instructed to provide.
How we use your information
We use your personal information in compliance with all the relevant laws and use it in one or more of the following ways:
· We may use the personal information of tenants or other natural persons you have supplied us with to carry out work such as management on your behalf
· We may use contact information supplied by you to respond to your requests
· We may use identification verification documents to meet with regulatory and legal requirements to verify who you are as a condition of the services we provide.
· We may use personal financial information to assess your eligibility for our services
· Personal information may be used to safeguard the security of our premises and those we manage for third parties e.g. through the use of CCTV
Who we share personal information with
We may share your personal information with:
· Swan Surveyors Ltd t/a Stephens McBride employees who require it to perform their jobs
· Organizations that support the services we provide to you.
· Anyone you give us permission to share it with
· Official bodies that detect and prevent criminal activity e.g. money laundering, theft, fraud, terrorism, cybercrime
Swan Surveyors Ltd t/a Stephens McBride will never sell your personal information and will take steps to keep your details safe.
Keeping your information safe
We commit to maintaining the deployment of appropriate security to protect your personal information wherever it is located and whether it is in electronic or manual form. To do this we may use a variety of mechanisms depending on where the information is stored.
Where applicable you may have the following rights over your personal information:
Request a copy of the information we hold
You can access the personal information we hold about you. To do so please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Ask us to not use your information
If for any reason you do not want us to hold or use your information please contact via email at email@example.com . We may need to keep some of your information for legal and business reasons.
Have your information corrected
If you think the personal information we hold is wrong contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we shall check and correct it if necessary. We are committed to holding personal information that is accurate and current.
How long we keep your information
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We shall then delete is safely and securely. If you would like us to delete your information please contact us at email@example.com
How to complain
If you need to make a complaint about our handling of your personal information please contact us directly firstname.lastname@example.org . If you are unhappy with how we deal with your complaint you may contact the Information Commissioners Office at www.ico.org.uk
If you have any other questions about your personal information please contact us by email at email@example.com